iPhone 4 no sim

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BLOND37, Oct 24, 2011.

1. BLOND37 macrumors 6502a

i have an unactiavted ip4 with no sim in it (tho i have a sim).. the phone has ios5..

(side note i have an activated 4s)

whenever i turn on the 4 it goes thru the ios 5 set up and then of course cant register on the network.. if i put the sim back in will it register to the network and kick the 4s off the network?

2. dave006 macrumors 68020

Yes you can use your current active Micro-SIM to complete the activation on the iPhone 4. Yes, you can only have one device with your active Micro-SIM on the network at a time.

However, one you complete the iOS 5 activation steps on the iPhone 4, you can remove the Micro-SIM and use it on WiFi or as an iPod Touch.

You only need a Micro-SIM to complete the activation step. You can even use a deactivated Micro-SIM.

Dave

3. BLOND37 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i'm using a deactivated one and it keeps sayibg use a valid sim..

----------

so i could use the 4s sim in the 4 activate the 4, then put the sim card back into the 4s?

4. dave006 macrumors 68020

The valid SIM messages means the iPhone is locked to a carrier that does not support the deactivated Micro-SIM you are trying to use. Yes, you should be able to take your current active Micro-SIM from your iPhone 4S, activate the iPhone 4 and then remove it. The iPhone will then be activated but report a "No SIM" and have not service except for WiFi.

Dave

5. BLOND37 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i'm using only att sims... so i took the sim out of 4s and put in it 4.. still keep saying insert a sim and wouldnt let me get past the activating screen