iPhone 4 no sound or volume bar

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by team.realtree, Jul 14, 2011.

1. team.realtree macrumors newbie

In my truck driving listening to iPhone music using aux cord- stop for gas get back in no sound. Check to see that the volume on the phone is on- no volume bar. Ummm wtf?? Please help!!!

2. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Aux cable plugged into iPhone dock or iPhone headphone jack?
    If dock then that's normal because its assumed that you'll be using the volume control on the stereo.

3. team.realtree thread starter macrumors newbie

I run the cable straight from my trucks input jack to the headphone jack on the iphone. I've been doing this for about a year and never had a problem. I just updated to 4.3.3 yesterday so there ya go :rolleyes:

A little pissed to cause I rented a movie and now I can't play it with sound and it's going to expire. On a side note if i do a complete restore will I lose my rented movie or will it back it up?

4. team.realtree, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011

team.realtree thread starter macrumors newbie

5. team.realtree thread starter macrumors newbie

Not sure if it's related but its running in safe mode because springboard keeps crashing and whenever I do a reset it says this accessory is not optimized for this iphone- meanwhile nothing is plugged in. Piece of ********* ***** phone.

6. team.realtree thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright guys heres the fix in case anyones looking for this down the road:

Take a thumb tack and remove the dust in the bottom connection port. There was a good bit up in there now it works fine. I guess the dust makes it think you have something plugged in that it doesn't recognize.

Oh and about the safemode delete mobile substrate in cydia.

Thanks for the help :D

7. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

If you're using the headphone jack then that makes no sense.
    Do you have sound without the aux cable plugged in?
    With regular headphones plugged in?

Any chance your car stereo has bluetooth support? Is your phone paired with it?
    When my phone is paired with my car stereo, the phone will often link up with the stereo and try to play the audio over the bluetooth link even though I'm also plugged in and the stereo is set to AUX.
    When this happens I have to use the iPhone's touchscreen to tell the phone to not use the bluetooth and to use the AUX instead.
    Don't know why the bluetooth seems to get preference but it does.

If your stereo doesn't support bluetooth then I've no idea what's going on.

8. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I had some pocket link stuck in mine but used compressed air to blow it out. I would definitely not use a thumbtack for fear of shorting it out. If you need pointy then a toothpick is the way to go.

9. kfergiez macrumors 6502

kfergiez

So, you complained that it's in safe mode, because you have it jailbroken. Then you complain about the warning about accessory not being optimized, but it's because it's filthy

And all of this is because it's ***** **** phone. Right.

10. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

He, he.....

Shoving a thumbtack into the connector of a filthy phone.....:eek:

Some people don't deserve an iPhone.... :cool:

11. team.realtree thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not sure were the term "shoving" came into play. I could see a ball of lint so I pulled it out with the tack. In hind sight a tooth pick would have been a better route- but come to think of it I don't give two s h i t s!