Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yoyoyo1230

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2010
Hi my iphone 4 is losing the sounds when locking, unlocking, playing apps, music playing and texting. Ive checked the settings and there are all fine.
It comes up with a message saying this accessory is not for this iphone, even if its not connected to anything! Ive always used my genuine apple charger and leads, ive tried a system restore and back up and the problem still persists!

Thanks for your time tom.

applefanDrew

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2010
Try flipping the mute button up. Also, maybe you should restore it as a new iPhone. It'll will ask you restore as old iPhone (or something like that) or restore as new iPhone. Do the new iPhone option.

T3CHTR355

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2010
My iPhone 4 lost audio too..

Hey my iPhone 4 lost audio after the most recent update I noticed (not sure if that was just a coincidence). Sounds were only audible with earbuds plugged in. Apple was very helpful and sent me out a replacement saying the device must have been faulty. :)

cypher23

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2008
If you're getting the "This accessory is not made for iPhone…" message and there's nothing connected to it, the iPhone thinks there's something in the dock connector or you have liquid damage. Look at the bottom of the dock, there's a little visible area that should be white. If it's pink or red, you got liquid damage bud. $199 to replace. If it's white, take it in to the Apple Store for a replacement or call AppleCare. But typically, those two symptoms, no audio and "..not made for iPhone.." alert, are a hardware issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.