Iphone 4 No Wifi/BT Tried Everything!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Thetakman, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Thetakman macrumors newbie

My iphone had a little bit of water damage but not severe.
    Only problem is that WiFi and Bluetooth stopped working and GSM to.
    The brought it to a apple store, who said nothing they could do about it.
    after a few months i received it and tested it.

Replaced the GSM antenna that is on the speaker enclosure and the WiFi shield and all the screws. the Phone is working perfectly and the GSM is working again 2 but the WiF and Bluetooth wont come on. The weird thing is, its NOT greyed out. and all the hardware info is it general. (most people have greyed out WiFi&BT and no model/serial numbers in generel info)

WiFi Works only when you have it near like 1-2f. of the router but then stops working at 3f. distance immediately. When i'm in range it does work perfect and even have 3 bars then wtf ?

I have secured all the screws and paid close attention to the screw ontop that connects the WiFi shield with the board. and all the connection springs that are making contact with the LCD frame and the speaker enclosure are all 4 there and connecting.
    The gold tiny thingy on top next to the connection modules on the motherboard is also intact and working.
    everything is checked out several times and is clean,dry and connected as it should be.

I'm getting desperate about the situation and i've been working on it for 4 months already. Somebody has any idea what to do before this baby is going for flight school ?

p.s. i've researched every forum i could think of and searched google almost to near death experiences and tried every solution that is giving there. so that is why i opened a new thread because apparently this phone is kinda different then the rest.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So pay the replacemt fee and they will swap it at apple.
    No such thing as a little water damage.

3. Philscbx macrumors regular

Philscbx

Exactly - Who ever wrote that piece of garbage of putting wet devices in rice ought to be strung up and attacked by crows.

Water waits for no one - Electronics have to be baked to about 150 degrees immediately with forced air.
    Not sit in Rice to rot for even a minute.

Unfortunately my brand new MBP went under water while it was on playing movies - water poured out holding it at an angle -
    baked it all night -
    Next morning - huge fear of hitting start button - it fired right up - and a year later still fine.

Now picture MBP in rice - every circuit would have corrosion growth - requiring a wire brush to remove -
    a perfect example of alien modern art exposed in some exhibit with cooling tubes would be the only outcome.

4. Thetakman thread starter macrumors newbie

Well that is exactly the problem there is no water damage, the last owner (sisters husband) never had it near water. The only thing he could think of is rain but cant recall any events of heavy rain and his iPhone. but the water marks inside are well... not white but also not red, a little pinkish but not like i've seen before, get my idea.

Apple din't gave me a option to repair, according to apple its Beyond repair. can only buy a new iphone 4 for 280,- euro's (probably refurbished) but that same apple retailer (we dont have an official store here) also forget to place back like 3 screws which i found out when i opened it a while after this all happened.
    but even replacing those with new ones din't do the trick.

5. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Odd they don't offer an OoW swap service for your iPhone 4 for $149

6. Thetakman thread starter macrumors newbie

Well the current currency would make that €112,-

i dont know how much iphones cost at your place but here a new iphone 4
    goes for around €650,- at apple which is $850,- in USD
    so i dont know but its unlikely that they sell me a refusbished iphone for at 1/6 of the full price.

But that still doesn't take away i have this problem, basically the store is buy a new iphone? cause apple cant help, this is the third forum i'm coming to and i had high expectations cause i've know this forum for a like a year.

i just need ideas where to look next and what i can try to fix it ?

7. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

It may sound dumb but did you try completely restoring the software on the phone?

8. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Apple has this thing called out of warranty replacements.
    You bring in your damaged iphone, they take it and replace it with a fully functional refurb.
    You need to go to Apple for that, not at a carriers store.
    Besides that you can take it to an iphone repair place to see if they can take it apart and replace the parts inside that are shorted out. What other help where you expecting? We dont know what exactly fried inside your phone when you got it a "little" wet.

10. Thetakman thread starter macrumors newbie

I have already replaced all the parts i can think off already but maybe i have to take it in.

I live in the netherlands but we only have 1 official apple store in the whole country, i will go to there in a few days then and we'll see what they have to say about it.

@KoolStar, yes several times even with and without jailbreaks and custom firmware, even downgrading doesn't change a complete thing.