iphone 4 noise cancellation issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tzilske, Jun 30, 2010.

1. tzilske macrumors newbie

Hi - love my iPhone 4 but I'm having an issue with the noise cancellation. When I'm on a call inside in a completely quiet room with a full signal and I start to walk around (really just a slow pace) people I talk to tell me that there is ridiculous background noise - like I'm outside on a windy day - to the point that they can't hear me. I can hear a really faint wind noise on my end but barely audible. As soon as I stop walking around there's no noise and people can hear me crystal clear (simple enough solution, I guess, but not really cool and I never had that issue with my 3GS).

I've tried this with and without using a bumper but still same issue. Tried to cover the top mic, no change. Also, this does not happen when the phone is on speakerphone. And when I'm outside (and it actually is windy) the phone sounds pretty good too. I even tried this with my friend's iphone 4 and got the same behavior with his phone. Just wondering if other's have noticed this. Since I've seen the same issue on two iphone 4s, I'm not sure a replacement would solve it.

Thanks and sorry if this has already been reported (didn't find a thread)!

2. oay macrumors newbie

My iphone 4 have the similar issue. When I was in my office(very quiet) and calling someone, they said there was background noise , like I was outside ...very windy.

The difference is I just held my phone still , didn;t walk around.

3. luvmshavd macrumors newbie

So I swapped out my iphone 4 cause of dust under the screen... Now the new unit they gave me is having issues canceling out noise... Back to the apple store