iPhone 4 Noise Cancelling Mic Test (Video)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dmx, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Phat^Trance macrumors regular

Phat^Trance

looking good! about time they added this feature to the phone!

2. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Sound & video ..... pretty darn good.

Better video that much of what I see on YouTube.

3. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

Wow! You can really understand him very well!

4. McBeats macrumors 6502a

that sounds as good as a half decent microphone!

pretty darn good for a phone :)

5. Jason B macrumors regular

Just got my IPhone 4, and that noise cancellation mic is bothering me! Is there a way to turn this off???

I used to do this all the time when using my 3Gs. I'd call someone and put it them speakerphone. Then I would play some music or somthing wanted the other caller to hear on the other end. With the IPhone 4, it now blocks it out completely! They can't hear anything with this noise cancellation mic!

I use speakerphone all the time for business. Say I call someone and want to play a voice memo for them while on the call, now it mutes it out all they can't hear the memo. Please tell me there is a setting to "turn off" the noise cancellation mic??? I can't find one.

I play stuff all the time when I have someone on speaker. Whether I'm letting someone listen to a funny youtube video, a portion of a mp3 song, or an app that I want the other person to hear. Darn!

6. fenster macrumors newbie

Bad news

The functionality can be turned on and off (and adjusted) with the appropriate app, however that app is currently not available to the general public. I am afraid you are SOL until it is.

7. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

That wasnt the 5MP camera either... looks like he was using the front mounted camera.

8. Jason B macrumors regular

Crap, really? I'm jailbroken, does that help?