iPhone 4 Not Charging

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by slapbang12, Dec 11, 2012.

1. slapbang12 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have replaced the doc connector on an iPhone 4 due to there being an issue with the mic.

Now everything back together - the device doesnt charge. I have tried numerous dock connectors, ones that work in other devices and still I get the empty battery symbol with the symbol underneath the battery saying I need to connect it to a power source.

Ive changed the battery for one that has charge in it so I can test the other functions of the phone and everything works fine...the mic and the home button, just the fact it wont connect to a charge and therefore not to itunes.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

2. FixBrokeni macrumors member

FixBrokeni

Just curious as to why you replaced the charging port/dock connector for a mic issue?

Chances are one of the connections is faulty or hitting a grounding clip. Did you replace with low-quality parts? Have you taken another look at the new parts?

3. slapbang12 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Still having problems with it - I replaced the dock connector as there was issues with the incall mic and also intermittent charging.

Put it all back together and still no good