Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ihonda

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
add another issue to the pile already building.. i have my iphone to set to autolock after 1 minute, its now been 5 minutes and the screen is still fully lit, sitting on the text message i sent 5 minutes ago. It will not dim the screen or go into standby at all. have a feeling im not the only one with this issue. i remember my 3gs went into standby VERY quickly once you stopped using it.

raremage

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Orlando, Florida
add another issue to the pile already building.. i have my iphone to set to autolock after 1 minute, its now been 5 minutes and the screen is still fully lit, sitting on the text message i sent 5 minutes ago. It will not dim the screen or go into standby at all. have a feeling im not the only one with this issue. i remember my 3gs went into standby VERY quickly once you stopped using it.

What gives you that feeling?

Are you sure it isn't gas?

ihonda

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
you are stupid.. what the hell is with all the little kids trolling on here nowadays

DoubleH

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2010
Yep same issue here

Looks like after you send a text and leave it in the message app it will stay on and will not go into standby.
I tested this by receiving a text and leaving it and it went into standby.

So looks like its only happening when you send a text and leave the phone in the message app.

Has this been reported to Apple?

sunnyind73

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2010

Did you a get solution for this? I am facing the same problem.

jojojo11

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2009
Ok, here's the rule

If the last time you use the home button with AssistiveTouch, it does not go into sleep mode automatically;

If you hit the physical home button again, it will be back to auto-sleep mode

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.