Iphone 4 not recognized by Mac

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by theslaz, Dec 30, 2010.

1. theslaz macrumors 6502

20 year PC user finally got a mac for Xmas. Like it so far and still learning. One of the first things I did was connect my Iphone 4 to the Mac expecting it to show up in Itunes. Nothing. All I get is a response from my Iphone and nothing on the Mac. I tried a Iphone 3 and a Itouch; all didn't show. It can be noted that all these devices show on my PC and Itunes.
    Me thinks that I probably screwed up a setting whilst playing with the Mac. Just don't know what! I did load a third party software on the Mac called "Igadget". I did this so that I could transfer all my songs and contact information from my Iphone to the Mac.
    Any suggestions???

2. theslaz thread starter macrumors 6502

Seems that one must have everything up to date before the Mac will recognize the Iphone. Did a full update and now everything works; except; now I've lost my internet connection. Mac doesn't seem to recognize my internet stick now!

3. theslaz thread starter macrumors 6502

I lied; went to the computer this morning and booted it up with my Iphone connected via USB; it was connected. Seems the update eliminated my Broadband2Go stick and activated my ability to tether with my Iphone 4.

4. Al3x87 macrumors member

Get the last version of iTunes. When I connected my Iphone first time to my PC(Windows) there were no problems.