iPhone 4 Not Saving Wifi Password

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Electric turd, May 22, 2012.

1. Electric turd macrumors member

I need some help here, out of nowhere last night my iphone stop saving my home wifi password. I have tried reseting the network settings on the phone and the router but neither work at all. This is very frustrating!!

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

More information needed. Did you update the iPhone to iOS 5.1.1? What model router do you have, is the firmware on it up to date? Is there another network with the same name in your area? Does the network name have any special characters, and what kind of security does it use (WEP, WPA, WPA2)?

3. Electric turd thread starter macrumors member

It's on 5.1.1 wep security on my router, not a problem with router. My iPad and girlfriends iPad/iPhone are fine

4. JMountainDew macrumors regular

JMountainDew

I had a similar problem sometime back. My iphone would remember the password to the actiontec router at work, but stopped remembering the password to my linksys router at home. I simply renamed the linksys router, and set it to a different channel while I was at it, and it has worked flawlessly since.

5. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Hmm, WEP was never adopted widely as a standard. Even though it works for your iPad and your girlfriend's iPad and iPhone, to ensure compatibility across the board with the latest Apple and non-Apple products, you should consider changing it to WPA2. For other recommended settings for the router, see this.