iPhone 4 not syncing music through iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by johnnie2130, Jan 22, 2012.

1. johnnie2130 macrumors newbie

I just recently got the iPhone 4S and gave my iPhone 4 to my dad. We downloaded a new version of iTunes on his computer and he has music loaded from CDs that he has. When we tried to add music to the iPhone 4 by syncing it with iTunes the music doesn't load to the phone. When we look back at the playlist that we tried to sync, it has the small error logos next to each song. We tried syncing other playlists and got the same result. We synced apps successfully. What do we need to do to be able to successfully sync music from iTunes to the iPhone 4?

2. quiltfanatic macrumors newbie

Iphone 4 not syncing music

I just upgraded to the Iphone 4S and lost almost all my music as well. The situation you describe is identical to mine. It only syncs 21 out of my 256 songs no matter what I try. I've read online as much as possible the fixes tried by others (apparently there are a LOT of people out there who cannot sync their music now) but nothing works. I'm ready to throw this stupid phone out the window.
    What good is the Iphone if you cannot d/l all your music onto it?