iPhone 4 not turning on after jog.

Fisticuffs2065

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
So today I was excited to try out the new Nike+ app on the iPhone. I did my jog, took off the arm band, to which my iPhone 4 was in, and took a shower. After I came out of the shower, I took my iPhone 4 out of the arm band, and to my surprise, it would not turn on.

I tried connect it to a charger etc, still no avail. I opened up the iPhone on the back to see if the moisture sensors were triggered or not, and again I was surprised. The moisture sensors that are supposed to be in there are not! :confused:

Anyways, another trip to the apple store -_-

To give this thread a point, any clue on to what happened???

hryan4740

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2010
NoVA
Probably a stupid question, but did the battery die? If so, it might take a little charging before it will come back on. Also, I'd try a hard reset before schlepping to an Apple store. But yeah, if it's not battery, that's really weird.

anonymous guy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
Also, check the water sensors within the headphone jack and the bottom charging port. If they were exposed to water, they will turn orange/red.

If the sensors weren't tripped (are white), then you might try getting a replacement at the Apple Store.

Alphaspida

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2009
Probably was too much force moving around inside of the iPhone while jogging.

Probably messed up some internal components. Just my theory though

iSaxon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Probably was too much force moving around inside of the iPhone while jogging.

Probably messed up some internal components. Just my theory though
Nothing should get messed up from jogging. It's a mobile phone. Nike+ was designed for Apple and should work fine with jogging.

himni

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2009
My sisters 3GS has done this a couple times for some reason. What I did to fix it was hold in the home and power button and it powered on.