iPhone 4 not turning on

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ch00, Jul 14, 2010.

1. ch00 macrumors newbie

Just got a new iPhone 4 the other day. I was charging the phone and it fell, only a couple feet at most. There is a small crack in the back of the phone now, and it won't turn on anymore. My friend has a iPhone 4 as well and we swapped out the battery and the back housing (just to make sure that the crack didnt short anything out) but the symptoms persist.

I have it plugged into the wall charger now, tried doing a hard reset (holding home and power for some time) but nothing. This is very frustrating to think that the iPhone 4 is this fragile. Does anyone have any suggestions that I could try to get this device back up and running? Any help at all would be very appreciated.

2. iPadztr macrumors 6502

try your luck to apple store. right now that's your best option. Apple seems to be forgiveable right now with drop phones due to issues that iPhone has. Good luck

3. ch00 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks. I will go to an apple store if I really need to, however the closest one to me is several hundred miles from where I live. I am a little nervous that they will say my warranty is voided from the damage. Before I go to the store, I was hoping someone may have a suggestion that I can try at home first other than what I had mentioned. Thanks a lot!

4. IphoneRevivers macrumors member

They will say your warranty is voided if you have physical damage done to the phone that is not normal wear and tear .

Also as far as your phone not powering on ... does itunes recognize it at all when plugged in ? I don't assume dropping it would affect the logic board but maybe something around it or plugged it that would cause it not to power on .

5. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

Make an appointment at an apple store and lie your ass off to get a replacement.

No offense, but SJ doesn't have a problem feeding you b*l*s**t regarding engineering & antennae design and taking your money, so you shouldn't have any problems doing what you have to in order to get a working phone.

Good Luck!

6. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

why would you swap out the battery? you just voided both phones' warranties :/