Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kypreonyc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
If anyone could help i would be very thankful .....

my notes app on my iphone 4 keeps crashing......as soon as I open it it crashes......please help.....thank you

jefbond

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2012
Try closing the app. Double-click on the home button, click and hold on any of those apps to make them wiggle as if you were to rearrange them on the home screen, then click the red 'minus' to close the app. (I also recommend doing this with all the other apps, too, if you've never closed them this way before).

If that doesn't fix it, then close the app, then turn off the phone and then turn it back on.

If that doesn't fix it, you'll have to do what's called a 'Clean Restore', which is different from a regular restore in iTunes and restoring from your backup. If you get to this point, I recommend calling AppleCare over the phone or stopping into your local Apple Store's Genius bar for a free appointment with detailed instructions on how to do this without losing any data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.