iPhone 4 Notification Sound Bug? Do you have this bug?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MicroApple, Jul 26, 2010.

1. MicroApple macrumors regular

Sometimes randomly after unlocking my phone or turning it on, (specifically a couple seconds maybe 4, of looking at the Home screen) I hear a noise. I'm not sure if it vibrates or not I'll check next time. But it seems to be some sort of notification that happened. Now I have no apps running but I get this beep sound. I checked text messages, emails, push notifications, battery, coverage yet its not one of those. Maybe its WiFi. But for some reason I get this random beep of the phone trying to notify me of something but it never shows up on the screen. Sometimes after locking my phone (screen being black) it does the noise.

Anybody have any clue to what sort of notification this is?

2. studio¹³¹ macrumors 6502

studio¹³¹

when i open mail, and it plays the notification sound -- i hear an 'air' sound that plays a split second longer than the notification. i think this happened w/ the 3gs too -- but this seems to be a lot more noticeable...

3. MicroApple thread starter macrumors regular

So it is the mail app causing it? I haven't recieved any new emails so I'm not sure about it. It's happening on the home screen without any apps open. And nothing appearing on screen.

4. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

I've been getting "ghost" email notifications or the email notification arrives after I've already seen, read, and deleted the new email...I've noticed this for a while now, since the update before last I believe

5. MicroApple thread starter macrumors regular

In that case it might be the mail app, lets see if others have this problem.

6. katiesham macrumors member

7. mockbrown macrumors newbie

I have got this, or a similar, bug after upgrading to iOS 5.0.1 on an iPhone 4. I get the normal notification sound, but the screen does not light up, and there is no notification to be found... Strange.

8. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Terrifying? Really? Odd, I can see, but...