iPhone 4 now as slow as iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by PeteyV, Sep 15, 2011.

1. PeteyV macrumors member

I'm just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. When I first got my iPhone 3G at launch it was very fast. For example, safari and any apps that I used were pretty quick. Then after a while, most noticeable when the 3GS came out, the phone started to get very slow. I just figured that it was because the apps were getting bigger and the phone needed more resources to run them quick. Now my iPhone 4 seems to be just as slow as my 3G was when loading and using safari. Now I know this might be kind of farfetched but I believe that apple's firmware updates slow the phone down each time they come out so that they can boosts sales for when a new iPhone is released because the people will see their phone getting slow. In the last 5 weeks I've never said I can't wait for the iPhone 5 to come out as much as I've ever said it. I've even been debating to switch to a Android powered phone because this iPhone 4 has been horrible at making and receiving and even keeping calls without dropping them. I'm just wondering if anyone else experienced the things I am.

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

No! Is your iPhone jailbroken and running a bunch of cydia tweaks?

3. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

Have you tried restoring and setting up the iPhone as new? So no use of any backup.
    Before you restore and set it up as new, sync contacts to Google or Outlook, transfer your apps to iTunes, sync your music to iTunes. In short; save what you can save.

Then put your iPhone in DFU-Mode, restore and set it up as new.

4. PeteyV thread starter macrumors member

My phone was jailbroken a few times when I had the 3G and then I restored my iPhone 4 from backup when I first bought it at launch. I'm thinking that the jailbreak might have something to do with it but I'm not exactly sure i want to restore as new especially since I do not want to lose any of my pictures... Is there a way to keep the pictures also? I know I can save contacts and songs. I dont really care about apps since I can download them as needed where ever I am.

5. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Here is what you can do to save your pic. If you are on a Mac use iPhoto to save all pix and you done. After a fresh install just sync the pix back. BTW if you have google contacts sync to your iPhone that could be a bing pb. I had google sync for my father in law and my dad and OMG that thing just keep fetching all the time even on stand by mode and made the iphone run like crap really slow and battery will last for couple hours. I removed it now they can use it up to 4 days to a week in stand by. Since they don't use 3G lol.