iPhone 4 now Jailbroken- how to recover previous purchased Cydia apps?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iJules, Aug 1, 2010.

1. iJules macrumors member

I tried using some of the terms above to search, so I apologize but I wanted to see if anyone could help. I had my 3GS Jailbroken and had purchased a few apps through Cydia. I got the iPhone 4 in late June, and have now jailbroken it. How can I get the Cydia apps I purchased (iFile, download manager, some of the paid ones) onto the iPhone 4 without having to repurchase? If there's no way I guess that's my tough luck but I was wondering. Thanks in advance everyone!:apple:

2. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Cydia should remember your device and allow you to reinstall for free. I've reinstalled just about all of my paid Cydia apps on my iPod Touch that was previously jailbroken on 3.1.2 and it hasn't asked me to repurchase any of them.

3. iJules thread starter macrumors member

OK thanks for confirming for me! :) This girl was goin' crazy adding her music back.... guess I shoulda just been patient. AHHHH SBSETTINGS HOW I MISSED YOU! :)

4. Vinnie Madrox macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

that's if he was using the same device. he's on an iphone 4 now, so you will have to re-buy them

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I've been able to get some of mine to re-install without repurchase, but PkgBackup is saying I didn't buy it.

And LockInfo won't find the license but I know David's server is acting up.

I will try both again tomorrow.

So far the only one which re-installed correctly was Cyntact.

As usual Cydia is very jammed up, most everything I have tried to get is either repo down or size mis-match

6. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

only purchased app ive gotten back is bite. most of the cydia stuff wont even download. I have my license for mywi but since I need 4.0 I just downloaded the trial. I'll probably do the 4.0 upgrade when the trial runs out. I'm going to have to rebuy iblacklist because they only do one transfer and I had to get my 3gs replaced so I've used it up already.