iPhone 4 now or later?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nettylou, Jul 26, 2011.

1. nettylou macrumors newbie

I'm a former crackberry addict who has recently decided that RIM is incapable of keeping up with it's competitors, so I've decided it's time to switch sides.

My dilemma is that I don't want to spend a small fortune on a phone! My mother-in-law thinks that if I wait until the iPhone 5/4s (whatever) comes out that I can get the iPhone 4 cheaper than it is now. But I'm not sure if that's legit or if I'm going to end up having to buy the more expensive iPhone 5 if I wait too long.

So basically what I'm looking at is should I suck it up and get the iPhone 4 now, or wait a month or two to possibly save money?

2. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

I'd wait. Apple is selling the iPhone 3Gs at a fairly inexpensive price. I'd be willing to bet the price of an iPhone 4 will drop when the new one comes out. Probably somewhere between $99-$149 for a new one with a 2 yr contract.

I haven't looked or heard in a while, what is a refurbished iPhone 4 going for these days? That may be another way to save some money. I thought I saw that a refurbished iPhone 3Gs was $49. If Apple keeps the 3Gs, which it sounds like they will as their entry level phone, look for the the iPhone 4 to be priced between it and the iPhone 5 / 4s.