iPhone 4 now or wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pancakeparty, Sep 18, 2011.

1. pancakeparty macrumors newbie

so my original droid is on its last legs. the power button got stuck, and after a failed surgery on it with a screwdriver at 6 am it's pretty much broken. now, i can only turn it on my plugging it in. i think i need a new phone.

i'm set on getting an apple device for various reasons. do i wait for iP5 or just get the iP 4 now? is it really abnormal that apple hasn't even announced the release date yet? do you think we'll need to wait more than a month for it to come out?

thank you!

2. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I had my reasons why I'll be switching from Android back to iPhone in the other thread, what's yours? :cool:

3. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

Definitely wait for the iPhone 5. If you bought an iPhone 4 right before the 5 came out, you would feel as if you paid $500 for an HP TouchPad the week before the $100 powersale was announced.

4. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I am in the situation as you. I sold my iphone 4 about 1 month ago and already miss it as I am using a crappy 10$ phone. I thought about buying it back but I decided to wait on the iphone 5 as I will pay the same price whether I get the 4 or 5 which is really stupid as the 5 will be a much better phone and could easilly sell for 350$ more on ebay so to pay the same price for both is not wise. My advice to you is wait even if it's hard. Patience will pay off and you will be excited about the 5 when you get it. If you get the 4 now and the 5 comes out soon, you will regret it and hate yourself so wait.

5. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Just wait

even if you want to have the iphone 4 the price will come down when the 5 is out.

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Wait it out this Month, brah.. Or u will be banging your head on a wall when the new one comes out.

7. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

If your carrier has the '30 day return policy' then get it and return it for the iPhone 5. If not, then definitely wait it out and try to find some other phone to use until it comes out

8. NorCalLights macrumors 6502a

Definitely wait it out. Buy a cheap-o prepaid phone or play the "buy and return" game with your local phone shop. You're so close to the new iPhone release now. It would be a shame to buy an iPhone 4 at this point.

9. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

Doesn't the 30 day return policy only apply to unopened phones in their packaging? I know this was the case for me on the 3 network.

Seems a bit silly as how can you test a phone and know if your gonna like it if you can't open it out of the packaging.

10. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

No you can still return it if it's open. You only pay a 10% restocking fee and lose the activation fee if there was one so it's definitely not free to "try".

11. Peterg2, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011

Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

You have to be careful generalizing as it varies from country to country. In Canada for example, at least with Rogers, the return policy is 15 days or 30 minutes airtime, whichever comes first. This is *far* worse than in the US for example. I do not know where the OP is from, even looking at his previous posts quickly.

12. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Apple Stores don't charge the restocking fee.

13. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Just wait, it'll be here in about 3 weeks. You can do it, we're all waiting.

14. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I did not know that. Thanks for letting me know.

----------

You are right. It varies by country. I was talking about AT&T stores in the USA.

15. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

16. LouisLivesLife macrumors regular

LouisLivesLife

I do not consider this this humorous.

17. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Is this a joke? :confused:

You can wait 1 - 2 weeks for the newest tech. Trust me...

18. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

If you need a cellphone just get the cheapest go-phone with enough credit to personally last you a month.

19. lilsaa21 macrumors newbie

just wait it out, ive been using some ****** 10 year old nokia for the past month. definitely not gonna change my mind now