iPhone 4 now with unlimited or iPhone 5 with tiered?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by carsonalbritton, Jun 25, 2011.

1. carsonalbritton macrumors newbie

I have a slight dilemma and I need your help. Verizon will be coming out with their tiered data plan very soon. (I think I read the date of July 7) So, should I go ahead and get the iPhone 4 so I can get the unlimited data plan for 2 years or wait for the iPhone5/iPhone4s and get the 2GB/month data plan? How much is 2GB/month for the average person. Will most people ever exceed that amount? I just need your advice and help very quickly!

2. gage006 macrumors regular

gage006

Exact same issue here. I was waiting for the 5 before I signed up but I got a Droid right now and regularly go over the 2gb mark. I'm gonna suck it up and sign up for the 4 now, sell it when 5 comes out and bite the bullet on full price if it's a worthy upgrade.

Verizon is pretty good about letting people with grandfathered plans keep them, even when they do upgrades. I don't see them taking it away from people anytime soon, if ever.

3. Surely Guest

Surely

4. jp700p macrumors regular

Just curious, what grandfathered plans are they letting people keep? Potential VZN customer here...

5. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

If you already have a Droid with a smartphone plan I don't think you should need to upgrade early. I think you can just wait for the I5 and move your current unlimited plan over.

6. gage006 macrumors regular

gage006

There's people on plans from the 90s or that are on plans that only existed on companies that Verizon merged with. They've never taken them away unless you choose to switch plans.

If anything, Verizon will find some way to entice people off of the unlimited plans but they won't just take it away.

Company line. Talking about opening up my own. I miss my iPhone and NEED that unlimited data.

7. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

You cant tether off the unlimted verizon plan can you?

8. gage006 macrumors regular

gage006

$20 a month for 2gb.

9. jp700p macrumors regular

You can jailbreak it and use myWi or TetherMe and get the hotspot without paying the extra $20