iPhone 4 number port very sloooooow

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MikeDTyke, Jun 28, 2010.

1. MikeDTyke macrumors 6502a

I got my iPhone 4 on Thursday morning and whilst signing up for the new contract gave orange my PAC code from O2.

The guy told me it could take up to 48 hrs and usually takes place between 11am and 4pm.

Nothing has happened til this morning at 9am when i lost signal in the iPhone 4, followed 30 mins later by my iPhone 3G. It's been over 3 hours and i'm left with two networkless bricks....

Anyone got experience of this? Should i go round the orange shop and harang them?

M. :mad:

2. revs macrumors regular

They forgot to tell you to turn them off and on then? :D

Turn them off and on and then you should have signal. If not wait an hour and try again.

3. Moe UK macrumors regular

I am waiting for my number to port from o2 to Voda this morning, my o2 SIM went at just after 10 but I still have bugger all service on my iPhone. Have restarted the handset several times, removed the SIM, restarted again and connected to iTunes to see if it would pick up a new carrier file.

Why do I have the feeling this will not go well, I see on the Vodafone forum others have the same issue.

4. revs macrumors regular

My only guess is that usually they only do a few per day, but at the moment they must be doing a huge amount for all the people who switched the day the iPhone 4 came out.

5. MikeDTyke thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've been doing that on and off (pun chuckle) all morning....

Forget it, on the way to the shop i tried it one last time and voila. :D

6. punitnaker macrumors regular

Im in exactly the same boat as you :( hurry up!

I was so gutted when I found out that Voda dont do temp numbers and I have to wait until Monday for the port before I can use the damn thing! Frustrating :mad: