iPhone 4 on Apple logo reboot loop.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FreeGucci1017, Aug 9, 2015.

1. FreeGucci1017 macrumors newbie

I've tried everything to try to fix it. I've spent hours on many different forums and watching many videos on how to fix it. None of those tricks worked.

The phone will constantly be on a loop unless I turn it off and let it charge. After that, it'll be fine for at least two minutes then it's back to the loop and it'll be like that till the phone is fully dead.

I ordered a new battery for the phone a few days ago on Ebay, it'll be here sometime this week.
    Just wondering if anyone knows if that should fix the phone or if it's something else that's making it go on the loop. I have a Samsung S6, so I don't NEED the iPhone. I just want to get it fixed since it's a 32G phone, so I'd like to use it as my music player for my car.

Is it time for the phone to go RIP, or is a new battery needed?

2. FreeGucci1017 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

You've stated that you have tried everything. Unfortunately you didn't list what you've tried so I apologize if this isn't helpful. I would recommend placing the iPhone in recovery mode and restore to factory settings.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

Hope this helps and good luck!

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like you have a hardware fault.
    Instead of buying parts and wasting more time and money I'd bring it to an iphone repair place to have it checked out so they can tell you exactly what's wrong with it.
    Anything anyone can post here will be just a guess.