iPhone 4 on AT&T has full bars but nothing goes thru

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jackassroomie, Nov 29, 2011.

1. jackassroomie macrumors newbie

Really fed up right now with the connection in my office. My phone is showing full coverage but no data goes through. I can get emails but Facebook app or Twitter just keeps trying to update but can't. This is also prob why my phone gets horrible battery life too. Anyone else get this?

2. kfergiez macrumors 6502

kfergiez

Classic AT&T.

I would try restarting your apps, or possibly rebooting your phone. I may be an internal issue.

3. ru4real macrumors member

I get this sometimes on the Rogers network here in Canada too. Sometimes it's just because there are too many people in the area causing too much network congestion.

An easier/faster way to try and get it working again is to turn on airplane mode then turn it back off. Better than a full reboot.

4. jmcgeejr macrumors 6502

jmcgeejr

Most of the time if 3g seems busy I will manually drop to edge which always works.

5. heyloo macrumors 6502

AT&T network can get spotty at times. I've run into instances where the phone would work fine but 3G, although it shows that it does have connection, sometimes doesn't go through. I do the Airplane Mode trick or reboot the phone - usually works. If it doesn't...well, chances are the network itself is having difficulties.

6. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

How long has this been happening. Is the service only bad at your office?

7. jackassroomie thread starter macrumors newbie

It's just bad all around downtown Chicago. What's really strange is that these problems only started happening once I updated to iOS5. Maybe it also has something to do with the release of 4S and more people clogging up the network.

8. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Have other people in the office experienced the same issues you have?

9. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

This is usually the result of congestion in big cities during business hours. Huge pain in NYC as well.

10. jackassroomie thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, I think I might just have to chalk it up to that. It's really unfortunate tho, cause an iPhone is just a regular flip-phone without data. I guess you can still play some games without data. Really annoying not being able to use your phone except calls and texts, during the day.

11. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

So it has full bars meaning you are on wifi? Or does it have a 3G? Maybe your wifi network needs to be reset?:confused:

12. jackassroomie thread starter macrumors newbie

No, no wifi in my office. just good ole' 3G..

13. fatlardo macrumors 6502

fatlardo

I have the exact same issue. It has to be an OS issue? I had my 4 in Downtown LA with never an issue. Now with the 4s, I have full bars and nothing goes through either. I know that is why I have horrible battery life. This has been a problem for me since I got it. It's been a month still the same issue. I hope the next update will fix this.

14. KPOM macrumors G5

I have this issue in Midtown Manhattan, usually between normal business hours. When traffic winds down in the evenings, the 3G connection starts working again.