Iphone 4 on firmware 4.0.2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by humanity, Sep 4, 2010.

1. humanity macrumors newbie

hey,
    I bought an Iphone 4 with firmware 4.0.2. The thing is that it is actually jailbroken. When i take out the At&t sim it does not get locked like it gets on my iphone 3g. The thing is that i have to take my phone overseas. So i want to unlock it for using it with any carrier.

Please help in unlocking the phone.

2. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

3. JDNGuru macrumors member

4. humanity thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm..
    but do i hv to activate it or something like that with itunes.. coz i never connected it with my computer since i bought it.

I'm really a beginner so dont know that..

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

None of what you posted make any sense.
    Slow down and tell us what firmware version your iphone is on, if its activated or stuck on the connect to itunes logo and what you're trying to accomplish.
    There is no jailbreak or unlock for 4.0.2 so your iphone is definitely not JB and you cannot JB or unlock it on that firmware version.

6. humanity thread starter macrumors newbie

My iphone 4 is on firmware 4.0.2(8A400) but the thing is that i want to take this phone abroad. So i want to make sure that the phone works there with any carrier.

Now i have taken the AT&T micro sim out from the phone.. but i don't find the phone stuck on the "connect to itunes" thing. It says "No sim card installed". Other than that i can surf the whole of the phone. Open the camera,messaging,wifi,safari browser, EVERYTHING!

Edit: the phone is activated as i can call/msg etc when putting the AT&T sim

7. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

I doubt your phone is unlocked if you bought it from AT&T. My phone is locked and the same happens when i take out the SIM. The phone does go to the connect to iTunes screen when you put an unsupported sim in I think.

8. humanity thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh i never put an unsupported sim. Maybe it does go to the connect to itunes thing if i do.

9. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Your phone is activated which is not the same as unlock. To unlock, phone needs to be JB. Afterward, you will see app called Cydia. Through Cydia, you install an app called Ultrasnow to unlock. And, everyone is telling you correctly that you can't JB => unlock on 4.0.2 OS.

10. humanity thread starter macrumors newbie