iPhone 4 on Orange UK gremlins

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ashwee, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Ashwee macrumors member

Ashwee

Anyone on Orange with a iPhone 4 as I think Orange are telling me a load of bull...
    Yesterday I had a txt from them saying they sent me new settings and to reboot my phone, and ever since then I have not had any data connection to the network (the GPRS circle or the 3G icon)
    Phoned orange and they said they were getting a lot of people with this and that it's since the new iPhone software and their settings???
    They just said keep trying the Reset Network Settings button in settings every couple of hours but I've been trying this all day and still have no internet on my phone.
    I personally think they have fed me a load and haven't checked my account configuration???

2. mcmonkiez macrumors member

Have you restore the iPhone ? instead of using update?

try also reset network settings?

i am with orange iphone4 and works fine

3. Ashwee thread starter macrumors member

Ashwee

No they just said they sent out a load of config updates and it only affects iPhone 4 users but as your on a iPhone 4 tarif on Orange then I guess you didn't get the txt update and your account seems fine, I'll pester them again tomorrow.
    Since I've been with Orange I've had nothing but trouble, I miss O2

4. mcmonkiez macrumors member

no i am not on iphone tariff.

i am using sim only contract with my sim free iphone 4

and work fine.. i wold suggest try restore your iphone using orange sim card in it? is your phone 4 is sim free?

5. shandyman Suspended

is it a recent new or upgrade one? i got my iphone 4 last wednesday and no data or mms for 3 days, but then it started randomly working fine. that text doesn't actually seem to do anything, they sent that, they told me to restore, and in the end, just leaving it alone, it randomly started working.

6. JasonH42 macrumors 6502

I'm on Orange PAYG and have no issues at all now, and none after the recent iOS update. It took a while initially for them to apply the data bundle (my credit dripped away rapidly until they did) and then 5 calls to get the credit refunded and Orange Safeguard removed (no MacForums otherwise!).

Keep phoning until they connect you to the dedicated iPhone support team or you get a UK call centre, you'll get no joy from India sadly. Have had a few of those txt messages asking me to reboot, they seem to send them every time they make a config change their end.