Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jarhead247

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Has anyone purchased the iPhone 4 on Sprint? Curious as to how the user experience is? I would also be curious to know what phone you are coming from? Also curious as to why you chose the 4 instead of the 4S?

I will be getting an iPhone on Sprint with my upgrade in November and am trying to decide whether or not to get the 4 or 4S to replace my EVO. I really like the A5 processor, the 8 megapixel camera and the 1080p video camera, but I am not completely sold on Siri.

Raidel

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2009
you can get the iPhone 4 on sprint, just not the 3GS. I know someone who got the 4 because it was $100 and they didn't care too much about all the upgrades on the 4S. They felt that the iPhone 4 was enough...granted they were coming from like a flip phone. Not sure it helps, but I say it's up to you. It depends on if you want to spend the $200 and/or if you want the 8MP camera and the dual-core processor.

jjlannoo

Suspended
Oct 8, 2011
I got the 4 (not 4s) on Sprint and also came from the Evo. The Number one improvement is battery life. The battery life on my iPhone with wi-fi, bluetooth and GPS on seems like more then double what the Evo got with those things off. No kidding. Androids are huge battery hogs or something. Now the Evo could truely do more and was more flexible. I especially miss the program Mr. Number that could block calls. However what the iPhone can do it does much better and smoothly. iOS is a great OS lol

I decided on the 4 over the 4s for the fact that I neither play games or would use it as a MP3 player. So the extra horsepower and storage would have been wasted. So why not save a hundred bucks. As far as Siri I don't think the tech is there yet. Its getting close tho :)

jgalan14

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
I got the 4S on sprint an I had an evo 3d, the speeds look about the same but the iPhone is better IMO (I had an iPhone 4 before as well and a 3GS) I had the old evo and the iPhone 4( not 4S ) definitely better from the camera to the speed but if you have an upgrade available and not planning to buy another phone for 2 years I would definitely will go for the 4S , my uncle got the iPhone 4 on sprint he likes it a lot but not a techie person so he doesn't care much, btw is nice to have people on the family with iPhone 4 and higher for FaceTime :) works much better then qik or tango

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.