Iphone 4 on T mobile, can't get VM notice through the phone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SilentLight, Aug 19, 2010.

1. SilentLight macrumors newbie

I'm using an Iphone4 on T mobile and I can't seem to be vm alerts on the phone. I guess the vm icon on the my iphone is for setting up visual vm, which according to some, does not work with T mobile. I'm just interested in getting my regular vm alerts and access without having to manually dial "1" and get access.

Please help!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Visual voicemail does not work with Tmobile USA.
    You will still get a little badge with a number on how many voicemails you have but when you click voicemail it will just dial your number and have you enter your pin the regural old fashion way.
    Now way around it unless you use the iphone on official carrier with an appropriate data plan.

3. SilentLight thread starter macrumors newbie

do you know where this "badge" can be located? thanks.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

On the phone icon it will have a badge with a number.
    Like the way the messages icon has a number if there's text messages unread.
    And then after you click phone on the far right where you see voicemail it will have a red badge with a 1 for example if you have one voice message.
    Leave yourself a message and try it out.

5. jess127 macrumors member

-There is a # of missed calls on the "phone" icon.
    -The voice mail icon is on the far right in the "phone" button and it will only appear a red circle no numbers.

-I just left 2 VM on my phone and after every one a warning popped up on my screen new voicemail listen/cancel (same as if i received a txt msg)

-I have my phone on T-mobile also.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Weird, did you try reseting your network settings?

7. jess127 macrumors member

what do you mean reset it for what? My VM badge never showed a number even with my other iphones. :

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh I see.
    I just thought to try settings/general/reset/reset network settings to see if it helped.

9. ljova.com macrumors member

just out of curiosity, how do you like iPhone on TMobile (is it TMobile USA?)