iPhone 4 on T-Mobile MMS question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Goldinboy17, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I recently sold one of my iPhone 4's to a guy on Craigslist. He says he can't send MMS, and I think it's because he doesn't have a data plan on his phone. I'm not really sure though, but could this be the issue? I've also noticed my phone has some issues with sending MMS messages. Occasionally the feature won't work, but I can receive them 100% of the time with no issues. Both phones are of course jailbroken.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. Goldinboy17 thread starter macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Thanks a lot. But I was just wondering if you need a data plan in general to get picture messages on the iPhone on T-Mobile. I know they block a lot of data services if you don't have a plan, hence why I'm asking.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I believe you do but some claim that they got it to both send and receive without a data plan and some on prepaid.
    Not exactly sure how but I know MMS uses carrier data. So no data plan no MMS would be my guess.

5. Goldinboy17 thread starter macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Well, my phone was having the same issues too and I use AT&T. I just sent picture messages from my brothers phone to mine and he doesn't have a data plan. Now I don't know what to think. I found a guide that fixed my phones issue and I was able to send and receive MMS messages right after a reboot. If anyone else needs the guide, here it is:

http://www.redmondpie.com/fix-facet...e-4-after-jailbreaking-using-jailbreakme-2.0/

6. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure if this helps at all, but for a while I didn't have a data plan on my iPhone 3G and I was unable to send or receive picture messages.

I could do it just before before I cut the data off, and after when I put it on again, but not in the interim period where I had no data plan.

This applied to pictures sent to me from various other iPhones and other phones.