iPhone 4 or iPad

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AdamC93, Sep 13, 2010.

1. AdamC93 macrumors newbie

If you had/have neither, and you could only choose one (both 16GB) which one would you pick, if for instance the only other apple product you owned was a 3rd gen ipod nano?

p.s sorry if this is in the wrong section i wasnt sure, im new :)

2. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Welcome to the forums. :) it really depends on what your needs are, as well as what you can afford. The iPad is probably going to cost you more up front, as there are no discounts on it, like there are with the iPhone though your wireless carrier...... For me, I would definitely get the iPhone 4 again, over an iPad, as it is more portable, and it includes voice service.

3. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

well are you in need of a smartphone or a tablet running a mobile OS?

If you need a cellphone - iPhone
    If you don't need a cellphone but still want an iOS device - iPad

4. aohus macrumors 68000

iPhone is costlier than a iPad.

iPad and iPhone are two different class of devices. choose whichever fits your needs better.

5. Monk Edsel macrumors regular

Well, generally I use my iPad on the couch, but I use my iPhone everywhere. In that context, I'd buy the iPhone before I'd buy the iPad; Necessity trumps luxury in the end.

The iPod Touch does provide a fair compromise between both, I think, should you consider it.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I would do the same.

7. dontworry macrumors 6502

dontworry

I would get a new iPhone. The iPad will be updated after the first of the year and i bet it will be much improved over the current version.