Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnMKeynes

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Hey I have two upgrades for my two lines. I was hoping to get the new iPhone 5 however, I was really hoping to get at minimum a 4 inch screen. Also I just recently sold my iPhone 4 so the iPhone 4S is not really all that appealing to me. I'll just use one of my lines to purchase and just sell on ebay and wait for the iPhone 5 for my other line.

So my question is which iPhone will yield the highest profit? I was thinking of getting iPhone 4 since I'm speculating that I can sell it for $400-$450 brand new? That would earn me a gross profit of $300-$350. However if I purchase a iPhone 4S 16GB I am speculating that I can sell brand new for $700 or $750? Here I would gross $500-$550? However here also the higher sell price the higher Ebay fee.

So what do you guys think will make a smarter choice to sell? I am guessing the iPhone 4S will be in great demand given that it can now be used any any carrier?

Last edited:

JohnMKeynes

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
I'm looking to do the same. Anyone have advice?

I'm guessing the iPhone 4S 16Gb will yield the highest gross profit. But looking to see if someone has another point of view that the 32GB version could yield more.

Yumunum

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2011
U.S.
I'll probably use my upgrade to get the 16GB 4S, then hope everyone sells out, and sell for even more than the unsubsidized price. But even if no one wants to pay that much, I'll still be able to sell it for a big profit. Maybe I'll end up buying an iPad with the $$$?

So, should I get black or white? What sells better?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.