iPhone 4 or iPhone 5/4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fterh, May 15, 2011.

1. fterh macrumors member

I may be jumping on the iOS ship in the upcoming months. Question is - should I get an iPhone 5 for a considerably higher price in September, or take advantage of the slashed prices of iPhone 4 before the official launch of the iPhone 5?

On one hand it seems silly to get an old phone right before a new one.

On the other iPhone 4 is a solid premium device, and there ARE considerably price savings.

2. Reach9, May 15, 2011
    Last edited: May 15, 2011

Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Never heard of a 4S. But i've heard of a 5th generation iPhone; iPhone 5. :p

If you're planning on making the jump you're at the right time! WWDC is in less than a month and you'll get to see a preview of iOS 5! Don't get an iPhone 4 now, it makes no sense.
    If rumors are true then the next iPhone will be released in September. I highly recommend you wait.

3. fterh thread starter macrumors member

Well there are rumors claiming that iPhone 5 is officially named 4S. :eek:

So you are recommending I wait for iPhone 5, rather than iPhone 4 for a heavily discounted price?

Hmm... because since iPhone 4 can run iOS 5, I wonder if the hardware changes are worth the extra price. ARGH. Can't wait.

And I do hope that my dad won't turn down my new phone request :( I only got my Android HTC Desire last year (after changing from a crappy WM6.1 Samsung phone the year before last). If I DO change phones this year, that'll be two consecutive half-term plan changes. You know, before my 24-month plan expires. :(

4. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Sell the Desire and use it to buy an iPhone 4 when the new one comes out, it's still a very good phone and it will save you a lot of money

5. fterh thread starter macrumors member

But I feel a bit silly buying 4 when 5/4S is out :eek:

it's like I bought my MBP just a month before the refresh. although i had no choice in this case because my desktop was spoiled.

6. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

I own a 3GS and an iPhone 4, and I am thinking of maybe getting the 4S because the rumored upgrades and critical for phone performance and user/phone relation. I'd wait for the 4S and then stay with it for the next few years ;)