Iphone 4 or wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Radfordforsoup, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Radfordforsoup macrumors newbie

hey
    Im 14 so i dont have a job yet but i have saved enough to buy an iphone 4 £349 on contract. I was wondering If i wait for the iphone 5 will it be more expensive than the current Iphone 4? I know the likely answer is yes but there is some rumors that it will be the same price ? :) Thanks

2. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

It's not 'rumors'. The iPhone 5/iPhone 4S will almost definitely be the same price as the current iPhone 4 on contract.

3. Radfordforsoup thread starter macrumors newbie

4. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

There is a 0.0001% chance it will be announced tomorrow. There is a 99.9999% chance it will be sometime later this year, before Christmas.

5. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

There are 3 questions;
    Do you need a phone now, if so then get the 4 it is a great phone

Are you the type of person who has to have the latest and greatest, then yes wait.

Can you afford to buy a 4 now and then later sell the it and by the 5 off contract.

6. MacNewsFix macrumors 6502a

MacNewsFix

I, and half my office, are in Android Hell. We'll be switching when the next iPhone iteration comes out (presumably this fall).

I'd love to get the next model that includes a new form factor, NFC, and true 4G (likely in the spring of 2012), but I can't wait that long. The constant barrage of complaints are getting on my nerves.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

8. ikaveh macrumors regular

wait if you can, cause it will probably be released in September.

9. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

+1

Also the rumors are that the iPhone 5 will just be a spec bump and that the 6 will be the big upgrade... if it is just a spec bump then you would really lose out on much by getting the 4 now. Either way I would wait until tomorrow just in case.

10. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

As others have said, if you can wait it'll be happier in the end. But, if you're just itching to get a new phone and can afford it you may as well get one now. It really depends if you're willing to wait.

11. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

September will be a good solid 4 months until the iPhone 5 is in your hands and that's a LONG time, so if you're hot to get an iPhone, wait for any kind of announcement tomorrow, then decide. Ol' Steve may surprise everyone and say iP5 is coming out in July... never know.

12. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

13. mstrze macrumors 68000

NOT likely in spring of 2012...

The standard announcement and release of new iPhones usually occurs in the summer. Especially with what is estimated to be a September release of the next iPhone, the chances of getting one next spring (just essentially a few months later) is infinitesimal. Verizon got the iPhone in the spring, but that was a special case. So, no next-gen iPhone in spring of 2012.

14. hwojtek macrumors 65816

hwojtek

I second that.
    Wait. Always wait. While the iPhone 4 is in the wild, wait for the iPhone 5. When it launches, don't buy it, because iPhone 6 will be around the corner. Wait. Keep waiting. Always.

15. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

One one hand, the iPhone 4 is a great phone and you will be pleased with it. If you are always waiting for the latest and greatest, you will never own anything. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, the next gen is only a potential three months or so away so if you really care that much about having the latest, then I would wait but if you just want the iPhone experience, go for it. I still own a 3Gs (multiple actually). :D

16. pyro008 macrumors 6502

Is your sig supposed to make some sort of sense?

17. Annerz macrumors regular

You should probably wait for the 5, if you can hold out a little longer.

18. MYKOLTON macrumors newbie

MYKOLTON

i would wait if i was you, you will be glad you did trust me:):):):):)

19. stev3n macrumors 6502

20. M87 macrumors 65816

I would definitely wait. It's almost guaranteed to be exactly the same price. My money is on a fall release to coincide with iOS 5.