iPhone 4 ordering dilemma - am I completely hosed???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aserafin, Jun 15, 2010.

1. aserafin macrumors member

So here's what happened to me today - was able to get the online reservation through the new mac store app "Pick up your reserved iPhone on June 24 at 7:00 a.m"... then one of my buddies pointed out the bottom of the email which said: "Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis."... I know there's been talk of this already, but I took that to mean "this email doesn't really give you any better chance of getting an iPhone from the store than any other random person who shows up on launch day"... I then tried to get through on the online store and to my luck (as in another thread) I got all the way through with the dates saying arrive by June 24th, until I had my order confirmation page that reflected the July 2nd w/ July 7-8 date. What the crap should I do??????

2. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

Yeah. The iPhone app was a trick to get some volume off the servers.

3. aserafin thread starter macrumors member

Will it be possible to cancel the online order and do the in-store pick-up? I don't mind waiting in line if I'm "guaranteed" and part of me is worried that somehow it will screw up my upgrade eligibility.

4. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

If mine wasn't coming the 24th, I would try and cancel and stand in line on the 24th.