iPhone 4 OS4.1 poor HD video upload

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Eddiesalsa, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Eddiesalsa macrumors newbie

Good morn
    Has anyone experienced poor HD video quality when uploading into MobileMe or YouTube using OS4.1?

On my iPhone 4 the video quality is great but when I upload to MobileMe via over wifi and also checked the option for HD format. The video quality is very poor and pauses alot during playback. Also I notice that on my phone the video playback is fullscreen but viewing in MobileMe the video does not play at fullscreen but in a small window format with black borders on the side.

Any feedback or suggestions to correct this issue will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Are you sure you're looking at the HD version? It takes YouTube a while to put that one up as it starts with 360p > 480p > 720p. My videos generally take 15 minutes to show the HD version.

3. Eddiesalsa thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the feedback in reference to YouTube... I haven't tried uploading to YouTube only MobileMe, but was asking to see if anyone is experiencing what I am either via MobileM or YouTube...

I checked my MobileMe gallery via PC and it too looked ver poor quality, very graining and pausing too much...

On another note...I can copy the video from my iphone to my PC, but I get an error code using quicktime stating that it does not reconize the .mov file... I have not edited the video file..is this the correct file format that it should be? If not is there sometype of settings I must enable on my phone? I have went through all my settings on my phone and couldn't fnd anything unless I am overlooking something...

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated... Thanks!!!

4. RobNor macrumors regular

The 720p Youtube version uploaded from the phone is not as good as the original IME

5. tromo macrumors newbie

I've noticed the same problem too. It looks like the bitrate is around 2kbps and the keyframes are pretty sparse. So long as there isn't much motion, it looks ok, but it really suffers on the cross-fades (from the iMovie app). Rather disappointing that a wifi upload doesn't have better quality...