iPhone 4 Otterbox Defender Compatible Dock

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by WorldIRC, Aug 17, 2010.

1. wattsja macrumors regular

I ordered This dock extender and it made my current Sony alarm clock radio "compatible". You will need to order the "slim" so that it will fit the Otterbox, but with that .. i'm sure 99.999999% of all the docks will then fit.

2. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

I think what wattsja posted may be the only solution, I haven't seen any dock compatible with the size of the Defender, unfortunately.

3. WorldIRC thread starter macrumors 6502

Would I not have to be concerned with the weight of the phone sitting on the adapter sitting on the dock?

4. wattsja macrumors regular

For my Sony Clock/Dock, it has an adjustable "back rest" that relieves some weight/pressure. i don't believe the weight is enough to cause a problem because the dock extender only adds about an extra 1" and is pretty sturdy.

5. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

6. Rally43 macrumors newbie

Iphone 4 Otter box modification solution Docking

I have found a way to modify the Kensington docking station so it will accept the Iphone 4 with OTTERBOX ( Defender ).

Use at your own risk. It will void yoru kensington docking station, but its alot better than removing your case all the time...

Tim

PHOTO AND DETAILS HERE: http://community.webshots.com/album/580150822syMmZR

7. onetalltxn macrumors newbie

iPdone 4 Dock for Otterbox Defender

I just received the Sonjimoru dock/cradle and it works with my Otterbox Defender case for iPhone 4. I used the whites standard apply cable, connected to a USB port on CC and it syncs and charges!