iPhone 4 - Outlook "Conflict Resolver" Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Qnext, May 10, 2011.

1. Qnext, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011

Qnext macrumors newbie

iPhone 4 - Outlook "Conflict Resolver" Problem

I have had this "conflict resolver" problem for many months.

When I sync my iPhone 4 (all software current) with iTunes (current version 10.2.2.14) using a PC. Everything works fine except no new contacts or calendar appointments will sync. Using Outlook 2007 SP2 (current as well). This same problem has been going on through a few versions of each of these items.

I have done everything possible including factory default restore for iPhone 4 and deleting and reinstalling iTunes. I am not using mobile me. I have search the online world for solutions as well.

Specifically no new contacts or calendar appointments will sync. Sometimes when I am syncing, I get the "Conflict Resolver" message with 3 contacts to resolve and 38 calendar appointments. It is the same ones everytime. I even get this message after I have wiped clear all the contacts and calendar appointments off my iPhone 4 and after a factory default restore as a new iPhone.

If I try to resolve them by any means including "review later," the "Conflict Resolver" crashes and I get the following error message box
    Cannot Access Conflicts
    Unable to retrieve conflict information from the sync server.
    Please try again next time the conflict resolver window is presented.
    This exact thing occurs when I try to sync my iPad now as well.

You all are the smartest Apple community on Earth, can you give me some suggestions as what to do? Thank you.

** Note: This exact thing also happens when I try to sync with my iPad. Same conflicts too.

2. whhr macrumors newbie

I too have recently noted this issue... it comes up whether syncing my iphone or ipad.

I have not found a resolution.

Tried reinstallation of iTunes without benefit.

3. Qnext thread starter macrumors newbie

Have not had a solution idea form anyone yet. I posted on several forums too. Hard to believe this problem is unique to us.

4. gnaismith macrumors newbie

5. r0binio macrumors newbie

Since I checked iCloud sync I got duplicated entries in Outlook and exactly same error. Had to manually remove duplicated calendat entries but after next sync error dissappeared.

Best regards,
    rp

PS: I removed also iCloud sync.

6. ealmeida99 macrumors newbie

iphone x Outlook - Unable to retrieve conflict Info...

iphone x Outlook - Unable to retrieve conflict Info...

I get this message when I sYnc with my iPhone on my Windows XP 2003:

Unable to retrieve conflict information from the sync server.
    Please try again next time the conflict resolver window is presented.

Can't sync Calendar and Contacts. I noticed that the sync process works from iPhone to Outlook, undoing what is changed in Outlook. Makes the problem even worse.
    Tried reinstall iTunes twice, restore iPhone as New twice, restore all settings, sync advanced for calendars, etc.

All this happened some time after installing iOS 5. Is there a way to reinstall iOS 4 ? I also initiated installation of iCloud and stopped in the middle as I noticed that my Windows was not Vista or Seven. It might have been the beginning of the problem...

7. jashauer macrumors newbie

Me too!

I have had this problem as well & have done much of the same things you have all mentioned. I hope they get it fixed soon or someone comes up with a solution that works.