Iphone 4 overheat notice.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Elak, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Elak macrumors newbie

Has any one else experienced a overheat notice. I had my iphone in the desk at work and it rang. When I went to answer it said the phone was oveheated on the screen. The phone was not hot at all and after a few minutes the notice went away. The notice has a yellow triangle like a yield sign. Just wonder if a problem is starting.

2. GTghost macrumors regular

Yeah I had the same thing too. I was sitting browsing the web on my MBP and trying to bring the iphone battery down to 0, someone called, talked to them for a few minutes and then all I hear is silence, I look at my screen and it said it overheat. I just turned it off, let it sit for 5-10 minutes then turned it back on.

3. fabrini macrumors newbie

fabrini

I had this issue once too. When the phone overheats it shuts off all the radios until it cools down.

Not sure why it overheated, it was idle and I went to send an SMS when I noticed. I figure some background app locked up and ran the CPU to full or something like that.

4. onesweetearl macrumors member

This happened to me this week at Myrtle beach. Had my phone in the bottom of my bag, and when I got back to the house and pulled it out it had the temperature notice. It's a great feature since it restricts all usage of the phone except for emergency calls to keep it from getting hotter and screwing up the internal components. although the few minutes I waited felt like ages since I was jonesing to play some fruit ninja

5. sasessiontc macrumors member

I posted a thread similar to yours earlier this week. I had the same exact issue. No significant heat sources near me and it rang once, and had the error. It's odd. I'm assuming the error is just a software bug.

6. withe011 macrumors regular

Another data point:

I had the same issue. It was on my desk, the phone rang once, and then it displayed the error. I had to do a hard restart to get it back up and running. I'm hopeful that they'll fix it in the next update.

7. doboy macrumors 68000

This happened once when the phone rang. I thought it was the iFrogz case since the back was covered so went back to using the bumper. The phone was not hot at all so I doubt it was a "true" temperature warning. Prob software glitch.

8. LuvIphone macrumors member

Iphone heats up, It can't cool down
    Got you spinnin'
    'Round and 'round

9. Aeroflux macrumors member

Round and round n' round it goes
    where the bugs stop
    nobody knows

:D

10. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

Over heating maybe wrong size caps on the phone or heat dissipation compound is missing lol, I'd take it bk x