iphone 4 password lock screen frozen keyboard

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by qzilver, Oct 10, 2010.

1. qzilver macrumors newbie

Hi, I have a jailbroken iphone 4 running 4.0.1 and I have been having issues with the lockscreen alphanumeric password keyboard not working. I would try to type something but nothing would happen, I can cancel it and I can still get to SB settings which I have installed and I can do a respring and that would sometimes fix it, but I do not want to have to always respring. So its only the keyboard that is not working. Some apps I have on are bitesms and lockinfo which are the only thing that interacts with the lockscreen. The bitesms quick reply keyboard works though. Also, you can tell that the keyboard is pixelated and not in high resolution, if that helps. If anyone has had this issue or know how to fix it, that would be great, Thanks

2. bern43 macrumors member

I have a similar issue. Sometimes there will be like a five to ten second delay before I can enter the passcode. The keybooard just freezes. Strangely if I tap on the volume button that seems to wake it up. Anyone else with this issue? I've always thought it was lockinfo related.

3. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Have the same issue as well sometimes. I also use BiteSMS and LockInfo. I figured it is likely related to one of these programs and something running in the background.

Anyone ever figure out a fix for this?

4. qzilver thread starter macrumors newbie

thought i'd give an update. It seems like the issue is gone now and hasn't occured for a while. Not sure if its because I restored and jailbroke my iphone on 4.2.1 or an updated version of lockinfo and bitesms. Either way it works great now =)