iPhone 4 Photo Library, Hang Up Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AppleiMac, Jul 27, 2010.

1. AppleiMac macrumors member

Hey Everyone,

I've been experiencing a few issues and thought maybe there would be some bug fixes with my phone. For one the Photo Library is no longer taking pictures in their correct order (I have over a few thousand pictures and it is frustrating) and also the phone has hung up requiring the home + sleep button reset a few times, where my 3GS hardly ever did.

Are these issues I should contact Apple about because of a phone issue, or should I wait until they release 4.1 with bug fixes?

EDIT:

I tried to upgrade 4.0.1 and it has never worked. Today it finally did, but when it was done Apple gave me an error code 3004. However, the update still seems to have worked.

2. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

There's been a small mistake. There is no 4.1 yet. 4.0.1 was released a week or two ago and does nothing except change the way the bars are displayed. 4.1 beta 1 came out for developers only, before 4.0.1, and was apparently the same as 4.0.1. 4.1 beta 2 is available to developers only as of about an hour ago. No word yet on what it fixes. Watch the blog for details over the next 24 hours.

3. AppleiMac thread starter macrumors member

I'm sorry, I meant 4.0.1. My mistake! I am very much ticked at Apple, as all the sudden my phone started to allow the update and then it gave me an error code 3004.

4. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

Bummer. All I have are generic answers. DFU restore, or reinstall iTunes.

Or if you're sure it's a connectivity problem, download the ipsw manually from http://ios.e-lite.org/ -- then hold shift or option when you click restore and select the local copy.

Are you or have you ever been a jailbreaker? I wonder if that has anything to do with your problem.

5. AppleiMac thread starter macrumors member

No, I've never jailbroken, but I tried on this computer to do it with my 3GS. I wonder if that is the problem? If it is, I wish I would have only tried on another computer. :(

6. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

If you've never made the attempt with your iP4, I think you should cast that from your mind as a possible cause.

I believe there is something about the way photos display that is improved in the latest beta of iOS 4.1. But I have not seen widespread reports of hung iPhone 4's. It's possible I've had to do a sleep+home reset once since launch day, but more than one in a month would have me very concerned.

Freezing iPhone I think leads to a suggestion that you restore to a new/factory state, do not restore your backup, and start fresh. If that doesn't work, call Apple, tell them you did your homework by doing a clean restore, and ask for fresh hardware.

But are you actually able to do the restore at this point?