iPhone 4 photos are cropped?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Imola Ghost, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

I recently went on a little vacation and we took quite a few photos. I noticed while looking thru some of them today that a bunch of them are cropped to about 75% of the original size.

I always take my photos with the camera lens at the top left facing towards the object.

Anyone have an idea of what's going on with this?

2. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

3. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

I've only used the zoom feature once and it looks like a$$. I never use it any more.

I tried pinching in on some photos and I can't get them to do display like they are. Zooming would require me to pinch a photo and I get the 75% cropped photo as I'm viewing some of them not any time else.

4. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

No, I mean that when you took them you accidentally had the zoom turned on. I know it happened to me once, I never use the zoom either and then one day same type of thing.

5. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

I don't think that's what is happening. I just looked at some of the photos again and they are now the full/correct size. weird!

It must be some kind of bug that needs fixing.

6. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

That's because it's digital and not optical zoom. You're loosing image quality each pixel you zoom.

7. jerryhill macrumors newbie

As said above, you might have zoomed in while taking the pictures. I have an IPhone myself and the pics have never been cropped yet. Check your settings or try out a demo once to know whether you did the wrong thing or not. The Picture is always great with IPhones. They serve you best and I have been such a admirer of this thing. Chuck out the zoom in.

8. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

How come the photos that were once cropped are now properly fitted to the screen?

None of the photos are cropped any longer, they're fine now.

9. Infraggable Kru macrumors regular

I'm sorry but you are confusing us. no way we can help unless you explain your story better

10. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

Sorry, I'm trying to do several things at once.

As originally said I was browsing thru my photos and noticed that some of the photos in the photo library were cropped and that's when I posted the original post.

Upon restarting the phone and browsing at the photos again, the photos are not cropped any longer and are showing/displaying correctly on my iPhone 4.

It must have been a bug or something but they're fine.

11. bmoorhouse macrumors regular

The original poster is right, there is a problem. I am currently seeing it on my iPhone 4 as well.

The images are not zoomed. A portion of the photo is cropped off the left and what's left of the image is squashed into the bottom left corner with most of the screen above and to the right black, as is a sliver along the bottom and the left. If I try to zoom with two fingers, nothing happens. I can double tap it, however, and then zoom seems to work normally and the rest of the image is viewable if the image in moved far enough to see it. it looks as if the iPhone is simply displaying the image off center.

I am glad to hear the OP's photos returned to normal. Hopefully
    mine will too.