Iphone 4- Photo's disappeared - Still using memory!?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wrcallar, Feb 6, 2011.

1. wrcallar macrumors newbie

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I plugged my iphone into my windows laptop to do it's syncing etc. I come back to an error message in itunes and an iphone with no photo's on it any more. Luckily I'd saved them all to my laptops hard drive anyway.

I intended on removing this off my ever increasing laggy phone anyway so all was not lost.

Now, I have collected 900gb of photos over the last week or so. BUT itunes thinks I have 4.8gb of photos still on it!? So my device thinks it's full. And it's getting confused when it sync and is erroring.

What should I do guys?

I'm happy to reset the phone to factory if that will fix it, just conscious as to what happens to my apps I have bought?

Thanks for any help
    Wayne

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

If you still have your apps in iTunes, you wont lose them when you restore as new. However, you will lose any and all data that you have added to those apps.

3. wrcallar thread starter macrumors newbie

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

If it were mine, I would "restore as new".

5. wrcallar thread starter macrumors newbie

I reset and restored it which I had to do as itunes wouldnt allow me to do anything else. But it still said I had more gb stored than what I have. I then stumbled across 'Iphone explorer' and all the hidden pictures were in the DCIM folder there and hopefully I have managed to delete them. I phone is just syncing now.

My only grumble is I have seem to lost a resent purchase. Real racing 2 :(

I don't like itunes. I don't think the software is v.intuitive at all tbh!

6. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

iPhone Explorer is a nice little app. Another one that can be a real lifesaver is: http://www.getsharepod.com/
    You can download it again for free.
    iTunes is way to bloated IMO. But a lot of the things that it does and doesn't do are determined by Apple trying to adhere to copyright laws.