iPhone 4 Physical Damage question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jare, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

So I have a phone that I need to send back to Rogers as they sent me a replacement iPhone 4.

My question is, I chipped the corner of my iPhone 4 by the glass and the steel antenna, nothing severe but it's noticable if you look at it closely. It's 3 tiny chips and some damage to the antenna and a small yet bigger chip on the black back on the EDGE, not the glass but the band that holds the glass (black).

Would this constitute as "physical damage" towards the iPhone 4 and get me smacked with some sort of fee? I'll try and add some pictures later.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Our opinion will matter little
    It will be up to the ones who look at it and evaluate it
    Since humans will be involved, the variables are too great to imagine

3. Jare thread starter macrumors 65816

Jare

Crap. I really hope they don't deem it as damaged, it looks like it was dropped in the corner but it wasn't, it ended up having a smack fight with my class ring in my pocket and thankfully only chipped the corner.

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

You can damage something without dropping it as you've clearly shown. User caused physical damage usually voids the warranty, but as others have said, YMMV.