[iPhone 4] Pictures inside - Getting no service

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by reardear, Sep 21, 2013.

1. reardear macrumors newbie

My phone was water damaged and had the rebooting problem, but a repair shop fixed that. The headphone jack, vibrate, and volume buttons also don't work, but that doesn't really matter. However, I'm also getting no service now. I went back to the shop and they tried replacing the antenna, but they didn't turn on 3G (which I need for service), and when I mentioned that they said it wouldn't work anyways... too lazy to check? -_-

Other things I tried:
    • Seeing if carrier activated SIM (yes)
    • Resetting network settings

So I went home and opened this up. I didn't see anything wrong, the blue inductor is there and I didn't see any corrosion.

Please take a look. Here's the photo album:

http://imgur.com/a/hEl8X

2. reardear thread starter macrumors newbie

Any opinion or suggestion would be appreciated!

3. yateseyd1991 macrumors regular

Cleaning the motherboard with isopropyl alcohol and an anti-static brush may help, if not then its sounds like your signal issue is pretty terminal.

:apple: iPhone 5 32GB White, iPad 3 16GB Black, rMBP 13" 256GB, iPod 5.5G 240GB, Shure SE425's :apple:

4. zxoraz macrumors member

Same problem here.
    I entirely disassembled the phone and died everything out, haven't seen any signs of corrosion.
    Just curious,
    Do you see the IMEI when you type *#06# in the phone app?
    And does your phone work when not plugged to a charger?

5. reardear thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, I get an "Error performing request, No Network Service".

It works when not plugged in.