Iphone 4 PLAID & BLACK screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Retrospectiv, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Retrospectiv macrumors newbie

I posted this initially under a Yellow Screen thread but I've now got new issues...

I'm not anywhere near an Apple store, closest one is 2 provinces over.
    I actually tried screenshotting it on Saturday and it doesn't work. All you see is the normal looking screen and not what's happening to the screen.

Since I posted earlier, it's gotten far worse. I tried to use FB for 5 mins on my break, while typing the screen went completely black with small, even white lines running horizontally across it. You couldn't see anything under the black (no regular screen). From there it went black, with a plaid pattern of all the colors on the screen. Even pressing the home button nothing would happen.

I've shut the phone down entirely and restarted and that actually seemed to make things worse.

I'm guessing at this point it's going to be going in the mail...which stinks because I have no other phone (no home phone).

Phone has never been dropped, bumped, damp/wet, overheated, atc. Always been protected and has very little use overall.

What a letdown

2. smoge macrumors regular

smoge

3. Retrospectiv thread starter macrumors newbie

I've done recovery mode, made not one bit of difference. While it was hooked up and black screen with the white apple logo on the screen, it was yellow and blotchy.

Last night the entire screen went white and the phone was completely unuseable.

I spent 50 mins on the phone (work land line) with Apple yesterday and they're sending out a loaner phone (not a replacement...) and I'm sending mine in for repairs. I'd rather have just received a new one, less hassle, less waiting :mad:

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Would you perhaps happen to live in the Maritimes like myself? It sucks that the closest Apple store is Montreal. :(