iPhone 4 / Plantronics Voyager Pro Issues!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by imac abuser, Jul 6, 2010.

1. imac abuser macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

I'm having issues with my Plantronics Voyager Pro (headset) and my iPhone 4. Bottom line is people can not stand to talk to me on the headset. It sounds so muffled, and crappy they can't deal. With my 3GS it worked perfectly, and we tested it again with my wifes 3GS.

Can Apple do anything right on this phone other then get us in a frenzy to buy one!

I called Plantronics, and basically they confirm it's an issue WITH THE IPHONE BLUE TOOTH ANTENNA!

I'm so frustrated with this wonderful antenna system, and Apples lately near lies about what the problems are! I'm a loyal Apply user and I'm getting pissed.

2. BulletToothTony macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

in my VERY OWN opinion it has to do with the new "Noise Cancellation" in 4.0, if you call/answer in a very noisy environment the person sounds EXTREMELY muffled but it goes away after like 30 seconds.. it overcompensates for the noise around you..

My gf's plantronics does this way too often thou.. 1 out of 5 times..

my jabra does it 1 out of 20 at the most.. specially when i'm driving in the highway..

i think that plantronics may have a very sensitive mic and it creates this issue.. if possible i would exchange it for another brand.. i love my jabra BT125 that has around 8 hours of talk time and like 4 days of stand-by per charge and it charges in less than 2 hours.

it was like $16 at amazon.

anyhow.. my advise would be to: When you call or answer try to have the least noise possible.. hopefully this helps

**Try this theory and please give us some feedback to see if this helps***