iPhone 4 Power Support Crystal Film: Regular or HD Antiglare?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bush438, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Bush438 macrumors member

So I still have my iPhone 4 with an old 3G case that it fits into perfectly. It is still 'naked' though in terms of screen and back protectors. After much research it looks like the Power Support Crystal Film has gotten the best reviews for the iPhone 3G and 3GS.

Im going to make the plunge but am undecided if I should get the regular or the 'HD Antiglare'. Any help or insight will be appreciated.

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I say go with the Crystal film. That's what I had on my old iPhone and Ill be getting it again with my new one. I tried the antiglare film and didn't like it as much. It adds a grainy pattern to what your viewing on screen.

3. randomerratum macrumors 6502

I've tried a few glare protectors and find that they all give a sort of blurry dull look to all that lovely crispness of the screen. I really don't find glare to be any kind of problem on a phone because you can always tilt it ever so slightly to avoid reflection.

4. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Why defeat the purpose, & rob yourself of the wonderful experience provided by the Oleophobic Coating ?

I too used screen protectors with my earlier iPhones, then I bought a new 3Gs & left the screen bare. It survived a year of usage without a scratch. Now, my new iPhone 4 is even more responsive to touch. I cannot fathom taking anything away from the great experience it provides.

5. onep00nis macrumors member

I tried the antiglare on my old iphone and didn't like it as well. I like the antiglare part but it made the text and graphics look kinda dull and not as crisp.

6. outphase macrumors 65816

I'm going with the antiglare because I hate fingerprint smudges.

7. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

regular. Third time around, just waiting for them to come out.

8. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Oleophobic coating is completely fingerprint resistant. I'm still amazed.

9. phrint macrumors 6502

I've had them both. The Crystal film set preserved the color of the display but showed more fingerprints and became greasy. I liked the anti-glare the best. It dulled the color of the screen a little but was easier to keep clean and did not show any scratches.

10. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

its good but i still fingerprints show up

11. djgulia macrumors 6502

I used the anti-glare on my 3G, but I'm going to give the crystal film a try for the 4. Don't want to inhibit the retina display.

12. Bush438 thread starter macrumors member

Ive gotta say im inclined for the regular even though the antiglare does a great job of resisting smudges. But this display is just too great to not appreciate to its potential.

13. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

After almost two weeks, I've noticed the fingerprints are getting a bit easier to see.

The coating will wear off after awhile.

14. scottbushey macrumors member

I spoke to a rep from power support yesterday; You know they will only be selling the front crystal! I asked, what about the rear cover-he said, "No, we're only distributing two (2) front panels upon purchase". I told him thats sort of silly sending two front panels and not the rear. His reply, "We will be manufacturing the back in the near future as well, but not initially!

This is completely retarded!