iPhone 4 pre-order, Apple or AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jhiner, Jun 11, 2010.

1. jhiner macrumors regular

So last year, I pre-ordered at the AT&T store. I read some stories of early delivery from people who had pre-ordered online from Apple.com, so it's making me think that this year I ought to pre-order on Apple.com instead of waiting in line at AT&T and having them smear up my new phone. Thoughts?

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i fully agree. order through apple directly to your door. no one will touch your phone.

3. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

There are only about 2 dozen threads dealing with this exact same question. Maybe you should read into a page or two of this forum and read how we have the uncanny ability to answer the exact same question over 100 differant ways w/ the exact same answers.

4. jhiner thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, I could, but then you wouldn't have anything to comment on!

5. jhiner thread starter macrumors regular

Am I remembering that right, that some got their phones a day early?

6. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

Im just pre-ordering at an ATT store to make absolutely sure nothing happens to my precious unlimited data.

7. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

I don't meant to hijack, but I have a related question. I am PSCing soon and I would like the iPhone 4 to get me through the move. However, Apple has a 14 day return policy, and I am not sure that I will arrive at my station within that allotted time. AT&T, however, has a 30 day return policy on all cellular handsets (or so I have read). How can I get the phone on launch date WITH the the 30 day return period? Preorder from Apple and have it delivered to AT&T or must I preorder from AT&T?

8. bmms8 macrumors 68020

yes but to be honest i just remember one or two cases in the entire nation. you will not get your phone early. but you will not have to wait in line, and the delivery man will bring it to you, much safer in my eyes.

9. Built macrumors 68020

I WAS intending to pre-order for pick up at Apple store...but have decided on home delivery.