Iphone 4 pre-order, Apple store doesn't Charge your card ...correct?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dammit Cubs, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

I'm a little curious how this works. I was able to get through and reserve a iphone at the my apple store for pick up.

But i don't know what that entails, do they charge my credit card now? or do they wait until i get there to charge it?

I don't know why I even did it? It was like an impulse reaction. LOL, i'm using my EVO now.

2. serialtoon macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

Thats correct. I just made a reservation for a family plan and didnt get charged anything.

3. aristobrat macrumors G5

Pre-orders are when the phone is to be shipped to you. Apple will charge your card when the phone actually ships (which should be a few days before the 24th).

With an in-store reservation, you get charged when you actually buy the product in-store.

4. don pianta macrumors regular

at the apple store you just log into your apple ID and reserve an Iphone for pickup at whichever store you specify. I just got back from the apple store a few minutes ago. You don't pay at the store when you reserve an iphone for pickup on the 24th, you pay for it when you go to pick it up

5. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Yeah, I did the same thing and haven't been charged yet. I actually started to worry some more and thought I'd go ahead and preorder through the app (and then cancel the reservation), but it's not letting me, so the reservation will have to do for the moment. :eek:

6. aristobrat macrumors G5

Right.

All that happens when you make a reservation for in-store pickup is that your name goes on a list, and the store slaps a "RESERVED" sticker on the side of an iPhone box for you.

You are under no obligation to actually go in and pick up the iPhone that you reserved. Which is why Apple only holds reservations for 24-hours. After that, your name falls off the list, and if there's a waiting list, the next person on the list gets emailed that they can come pick up the product.

7. Dammit Cubs thread starter macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

okay thanks.

it's just i'm really 50-50 on getting this phone and I want to reserve judgement until i see the phone in person.

8. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

I was kind of in the same boat as you. I FINALLY got mine ordered this morning around 9, but I really wanted to do an in-store reservation because I have never been to an Apple launch. Apple wasn't giving me that option, so I just got it sent to my home. Just about a half hour ago I got an in-store reservation on the Apple Store app. I canceled my home delivery order & took a screenshot of the reservation. :D I'm just all worried that something will go wrong. Hell hath no fury like an Apple user scorned.

9. ZGXtreme macrumors regular

ZGXtreme

I placed my preorder with Apple and they've already posted transactions on my card, although the transactions haven't finalized. I am sure they will when the product(s) ship so it's given me a little piece of mind seeing those purchases on my statement.