Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IAmJIve

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
For the last 3 iPhone launches I waited in line to get my phone. I was thinking of pre ordering this year for the iPhone 4. For those who have pre ordered in the past, do you recall approx what time the phone was delivered to you? Is there a way to pay for express shipping to ensure that it will be delivered by 10:30 AM?

I have no problem waiting in line to get a phone. I want it early in the day so if delivery can do this im good. If not, I'll wait in line. Also waiting in line prob won't be as crazy as years past (at least at apple store) since the iPhone 4 will be available at many other places on launch day.

christyn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
Salt Lake
people got it at different times, no way to guarantee a time, that's not something you can pay extra for.

If you must have it by 10:30 you need to wait in line.

Tara Luvs Apple

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
For the last 3 iPhone launches I waited in line to get my phone. I was thinking of pre ordering this year for the iPhone 4. For those who have pre ordered in the past, do you recall approx what time the phone was delivered to you? Is there a way to pay for express shipping to ensure that it will be delivered by 10:30 AM?

I have no problem waiting in line to get a phone. I want it early in the day so if delivery can do this im good. If not, I'll wait in line. Also waiting in line prob won't be as crazy as years past (at least at apple store) since the iPhone 4 will be available at many other places on launch day.

You get it delivered when whoever is delivering it comes to your house. I am not saying that in a mean way, but as in UPS always comes to my house around 6:00 p.m., so they will most likely be here at that time. FedEx comes earlier, in the morning. Just because the iPhone is coming out does not mean that the shipping carriers change the time that they are coming to your house.

hippo206

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2007
I do wish they had the option for first overnight (Fedex shipping before 8AM). I would pay the extra 15 bucks for that option.

IAmJIve

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
Well I know when I ship stuff by either UPS or FedEx there is an option for early delivery by 10:30AM. I wasn't sure if there is an option like this for shipping of the iPhone.

I understand I get it whenever the driver gets to my house. Whenever I've paid for 1030 AM delivery I've gotten the items either super early like 930 am or by like 12. The thing I hate is not getting express and waiting around until like 6 or 7 PM and hoping it gets delivered. There's been many a time that my items didn't come simply because they driver took their sweet time and ran out of it so my package got stuck at the shippers distribution wearhouse for the next day.

I think i'm going to wait in line. I'm contemplating Radio Shack pre order too.

ajsnow6234

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010

Just wait in line. Hasn't this exact question been asked within the last couple hours?

UPS stops at my door for my wife's business almost everyday and it ranges 11am-6pm all the time....so, just wait in line.

Tara Luvs Apple

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
Well I know when I ship stuff by either UPS or FedEx there is an option for early delivery by 10:30AM. I wasn't sure if there is an option like this for shipping of the iPhone.

I understand I get it whenever the driver gets to my house. Whenever I've paid for 1030 AM delivery I've gotten the items either super early like 930 am or by like 12. The thing I hate is not getting express and waiting around until like 6 or 7 PM and hoping it gets delivered. There's been many a time that my items didn't come simply because they driver took their sweet time and ran out of it so my package got stuck at the shippers distribution wearhouse for the next day.

I think i'm going to wait in line. I'm contemplating Radio Shack pre order too.

I have never seen a company offer that. Weird. :)

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
I'm assuming they would go with the FedEx option of having it delivered by 3PM(which is what most companies do that use FedEx) as the primary option and having it delivered by 10AM as the secondary option. I'm assuming so I could be wrong though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.