iPhone 4 Pre-Order Payment Question.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jooak, Jun 9, 2010.

1. jooak macrumors member

Please help me. I do not have any credit cards and would like to pre-order the iPhone 4. I do have a debit card (old fashioned ATM card w/o visa logo). When I pre-order through Apple for pickup do I have to pay online or do I pay at the store? If not is there a way to reserve one to pickup so I can pay at the store? Also, does the Apple store accept ATM?Debit cards with PIN numbers for purchase? If not, do you think I can buy a gift card and use it for purchase? I know these are alot of questions, please if you can help me! Thanks so much.

2. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

You will definitely not be able to use this.
    Not sure about the debit cards with a visa/mastercard logo, because you can use it as a debit or credit. Some people say you can, others say you can't.

I'm just using a credit card so I don't run in any problems.

3. kryten3000 macrumors regular

kryten3000

1. Reserve for pick-up at an Apple Store
    2. Go to apple store with cash/debit card
    3. Purchase Apple Gift Card
    4. Make purchase of reserved iPhone with Apple Gift Card.

4. rayward macrumors 68000

Don't you need an iTunes account to set up an iPhone? Don't you need a credit card or Visa/Mastercard debit card to set up an iTunes account?

Just want to make sure for the OP.

5. ashley1496 macrumors regular

You're telling me a DEBIT card cannot be used at the Apple store? I've used mine multiple times and never had any problems. It's also the same card that's tied to my iTunes account. Someone please clarify! Mastercard Logo on it.

6. jooak thread starter macrumors member

Thanks!

So I can reserve the phone with Apple without having to pay first? Thanks.

7. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Yes, you can reserve for instore pick up and pay when you pick it up. I did that with my 3gs last year and iPad this year

8. Carlos E macrumors 6502

Carlos E

When the 3GS went on sale Apple allowed reserve for pickup. Reserve one online to pick up in the store. Purchase an Apple store gift card and use the card for to purchase the iPhone.

9. jooak thread starter macrumors member

Thank You!

Thank You for you replys! I'll just reserve one and get a gift card to purchase.

10. mjaco002 macrumors member

If you do want to pre-order it from the website. You have two options:

OPTION #1:
    1. Go to apple store and buy a iTunes gift card.
    2. Use the iTunes gift card to pre-order your iPhone 4 from the website.

OPTION#2:

1. Go to your local CVS/Walgreen store and buy a Visa pre-paid card. This is similar to the debit card and all debit cards are acceptable as long as they have Visa or Master Card logo in them.
    2. Go the Apple website and pre-order it.

To buy from the store you will have to use cash since your ATM is without a Visa or Master Card logo.

11. jooak thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! Another great option! I love all you smart folks here in Forums!

12. ashley1496 macrumors regular

I haven't received a reply to my question. If I have a Debit card (the same I've used at the Apple store other times and is tied to my iTunes account) and it HAS a Mastercard logo. Can I use this when pre-ordering/paying for my new iPhone 4?? Anyone?

13. Carlos E macrumors 6502

Carlos E

As long as the debit card has a Visa or Mastercard logo you can use it on the Apple Store. I order my MacBook Pro using my debit/mastercard. It will be like a credit card.

14. jooak thread starter macrumors member

I Think So

They are saying that if you have aDebit Card with a Visa/Mastercard logo you can use it so long as they run it as a credit card. Does that help?

15. vmagg88 macrumors member

vmagg88

I've tried searching for this one question I have. When I pre-order the iPhone, Im going to pick it up at the Apple Store. Do i need to add my credit card to the pre-order page? and if so, will it get charged?

EDIT: Nevermind, i got the answer